Sunday 16 August 2015

Lemonly Lemon Muffins


Hello Everyone!
This week's blog post is another step-by-step tutorial and it's for these 'Lemonly Lemon Muffins'. I was inspired to make these as I had a jar of lemon curd in the fridge that was coming up to its best before date. I was also given these coffee shop like brown paper cases and I was dying to use them!
So let's get started...


 The ingredients needed for the muffins:
  • 230g of butter
  • 230g of caster sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 230g of self-raising flour 








The equipment needed for the muffins:
  • KitchenAid
  • Weighing scales
  • Lined muffin tray
  • Spoons
  • Cupcake corer








1. The first step is to preheat your oven to 190degrees/ gas mark 5.

2. Next you want to cream the butter and sugar together in your bowl.

3. Once these are combined, I like to add the eggs and flour at the same time.

4. When these four ingredients are Incorporated you're finished making your muffin mixture.

5. Now you need to spoon the mixture into your cases. I like to put two teaspoons into each case and then divide the remaining mixture into the cases.

6. Your muffins can now go in the oven for about 20 minutes, until they are golden brown.

Step 2
Step 4
Step 6

The next part of making these lemon muffins is to add the lemon! To do this you will need; your cooled muffins, a jar of lemon curd, a knife and a cupcake corer. I tried to use the cupcake corer that I have pictured above with the equipment, however the rim of the corer was preventing me from fully removing the core from the muffins. I then switched to using my apple corer and this worked much better. Adding the lemon element has only two steps...

1. Remove the muffin core so you're left with holes in the centre of each muffin.



2. Take your knife and spread the lemon curd into the holes of the muffins until they're full.



Once you've put the lemon curd in the centres you can start to make the icing. To do so I prepared a single batch of my go-to buttercream icing . However sticking with the theme of lemon, I added about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the icing. The amount of lemon juice you add depends on how zingy you want the icing to be. I also didn't add any colouring to the icing as it's naturally a pale yellow shade which perfectly matches with its lemon flavour. 

The completed icing
To pipe the icing I used a 35 icing tip.



Once the icing tip was fitted I simply piped around the top of the muffin, covering the hole with the lemon curd. And then you're done and can treat yourself to a scrumptious lemon muffin :)


Here's some more pics:
This is how they look on the inside


Thanks for reading this blog post, I hope you enjoyed and I'd love to know if you try out these lemon muffins :)
See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I made these and they were delicious

    ReplyDelete