Sunday 9 August 2015

Homemade Mini Chocolate Pretzel Bars

Hello Everyone!
This week's post is for mini chocolate pretzel bars. This was my first time making these but not my first time making unusual chocolates. Personally I love making homemade mini chocolates and bars as it's so easy to do, yet you can create so many amazing flavours that you wouldn't be able to buy.
These bars were inspired by a recipe I saw in 'Something Sweet'...



Here is everything needed for the bars; pretzels, chocolate, plate/ chopping board, knife, chocolate bar mould, weighing scales, saucepan and a bowl.
A spoon or two would also be handy.
I couldn't find the exact mould that I used as it came as a free gift with 'Something Sweet', so I've linked a similar silicone one.



Making the bars really only takes as long as it takes your chocolate to melt! However it's the cooling and setting of the chocolate that prevents you from indulging in a bar straight away. I like to leave the bars overnight to ensure that they're set, but if you're in a rush you can put them in the freezer for about an hour.


As you can see the pretzel pieces run throughout the bars and it's the perfect mix of salty and sweet.

For packaging these mini bars I only used tin foil and some ribbon. I cut a rectangle shape from the tin foil and wrapped it around the bar in the same way that I'd wrap a present. I then (poorly) attempted to tie a bow around the bar with a short piece of black ribbon.


Thanks for reading this quick and easy blog post, I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment