Sunday 3 January 2016

New Year, New Cookies


Hi Everyone!
I hope the New Year has been going well for you so far (yes all three days of it) I was thinking about what my first blog post of 2016 should be when I decided on cookies; tasty, easy and who doesn't love them?! 
I like how these cookies don't flow out into the "perfect" circle so they have a nice homemade vibe about them. I also made mine quite small, using a mini ice-cream scoop, so they're perfect for snacking on. They also look pretty simple but taste amazing
So let's get started...


What you'll need to whip up a batch of cookies:
  • 225g butter
  • 140g caster sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2tsp vanilla extract
  • 250g plain flour
  • 350g mini Smarties
  • lined baking tray or two
  • mini ice-cream scoop with 1.5" diameter

1. Preheat your oven to 190°C/ gas mark 5 and line your baking trays with silicone paper

2. Beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy

3. Mix the egg yolk and vanilla together in a separate cup/ bowl until just combined

4. Add the egg mixture to the butter and sugar and mix again

5. Pop in the flour and mix until a dough starts to form

6. Just as the dough is beginning to form add the mini Smarties and mix on a light speed to avoid breaking them

7. Once you have the cookie dough made, you can take your mini ice-cream scoop, scoop out a dough ball, slightly flatten it and place it onto the tray. 
If you don't have a mini ice-cream scoop, the equivalent would be three teaspoons/ 15grams.
If you don't want to make the cookies quite so bite-sized, you could use a normal-sized ice cream scoop or just take a tablespoon and eyeball how big you want the cookies to be

8. Bake the cookies for 12-15mins, because of the size of mine I checked them at 10mins.
For me, with the size of cookies I made, I got 40 cookies from the recipe

9. Remove from the oven, let cool for a bit and then stuff your face with their goodness!

And you're done!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you again next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment