Sunday 10 January 2016

Blondies


Hello Everybody!
I am back this week with another post; blondies! I'm a big fan of brownies, making them quite often, and I'm also a huge fan of white chocolate, but strangely I've never made blondies before. I've always wanted to try them and now that I've gotten around to making them I am so glad that I did!
So let's get started...



You will need:
  • 100g melted butter
  • 150g white chocolate
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1tbsp vanilla extract
  • 125g self raising flour
  • 250g white chocolate
  • 25g dark chocolate
  • 23cm square cake tin
  • piping bag
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4/ 350°F and line your baking tray. If you only have a tray that's too big, you can get some tin foil in a 25cm square and fold up the edges to form walls around the 23cm square - this is what I did and it worked perfectly!

2. Melt the 100g of white chocolate, you can do this in the microwave or over a saucepan

3. Place the melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and mix until combined

4. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and mix again until all the ingredients are incorporated

5. Lastly add the flour and mix once more

6. Pour the mixture into your lined tin and bake for 30 minutes. I baked them for exactly 30 minutes and I thought they tasted perfect. However, when they came out of the oven they were quite wrinkly (and by "quite wrinkly" I mean very wrinkly) on the surface, but trust me this doesn't alter the taste at all :)

7. Allow the blondies to cool and you can melt both the white and dark chocolate

8. The white chocolate can simply be poured all over the blondies to evenly cover them. Whereas the dark chocolate can be placed in your piping bag and cut a small tip off the bag

9. Pipe evenly spaced apart lines onto the blondies' surface


10. Take a toothpick and drag it through the lines in the opposite direction. So if you have horizontal piped lines, you'll be dragging the toothpick vertically. Also alternate between the lines you drag by starting the first one from the bottom to the top, and then the next one from top to bottom



11. When the chocolate has hardened you can slice the blondies and serve them. I cut them into 16 squares

 And you're done! I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I hope you'll also enjoy making and feasting on these blondies :)
See you next week!



2 comments:

  1. what type of white chocolate did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Belgian Chocolate White Chocolate Drops and Belgian Chocolate 70% Dark Chocolate Drops!
      Thanks for reading the blog :)

      Delete