Sunday 17 January 2016

Chocolate Flapjacks

Hi Everybody!
I am back this week with a slightly healthier post. This week I decided to share my favourite flapjack recipe with you all, which are super easy to make! I say it's a healthier blog post but the flapjacks have chocolate in them and are drizzled with more chocolate; so we can just tell ourselves they're a healthy option.

So let's get started...

You will need:
  • 240g oats (any type will do)
  • 100g milk chocolate chips
  • 60g wholemeal flour
  • 120g butter
  • 40g honey
  • 120g dark brown sugar
  • 80g golden syrup
  • 9x11" tray 
  • saucepan
  • 30g melted milk chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line your tray

2. Place your oats, chocolate chips and flour into a bowl and mix together

3. Place the butter, honey, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan on a medium heat

4. Mix the ingredients in the saucepan until they are all melted and you have a brown syrup


5. Pour the saucepan ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are well coated

6. Spoon your flapjack mixture into a tray and evenly spread it out. You can do this with a spoon but I find it easier to use my hands to press the mixture down

7. Pop the flapjacks into the oven for 18-20 minutes


8. Once you've taken the flapjacks out of the oven, take the 30g of milk chocolate and melt it

9. When the flapjacks have cooled a bit and have begun to harden, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top with a spoon, cut and serve!
Depending on the way you cut these will determine how many flapjacks you get. I cut mine into bite-sized pieces so I made 36 flapjacks


And you're done!
I hope you enjoyed this simple blog post, thanks for reading and I'll see you all next week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment