Sunday 14 January 2018

White Chocolate & Raspberry Mini Scones


Hello Everyone!
Welcome back to my blog, this week's post features one of my all time favourite treats; mini tea scones! I have used and loved this recipe since I was in school and I hope you'll love it too. As it's a new year I switched this recipe up to be white chocolate and raspberry flavoured instead of regular tea scones, #newyearnewscones!
So let's get started...

You will need:
  • 200g self-raising flour
  • 25g caster sugar
  • 50g butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2tbsp milk
  • 30g frozen raspberries
  • 75g white chocolate chips
This recipe makes 14 mini scones.


1. Preheat your oven to 200C and line a baking tray with silicone paper

2. Sieve the flour into your mixing bowl

3. Chop the butter into small pieces and add it to the flour



4. Use the rub-in method (rubbing the butter and flour together with your fingertips) to combine the butter and flour

5. Mix in the sugar and white chocolate chips

6. Create a well in the centre of the mixture and add the egg and milk into it

7. Combine until the mixture starts to come together into a ball of dough

8. Add the frozen raspberries, frozen are better than fresh as they prevent the colour bleeding into the dough. I quite like when the scones get tinged pink from the raspberries so I used 10g fresh and the other 20g frozen

9. If your mixture is particularly wet you can sprinkle some flour over it and on your rolling pin! Roll out the dough to the thickness of your pinky finger and take a 5cm round and fluted cutter to cut out the scones


9. Place onto your lined tray and glaze the tops with some milk


10. Pop into the oven for about 12 minutes, as they are quite small they will bake quickly

11. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before you tuck in and enjoy!


Thank you all for reading another one of my posts. I hope you have a lovely day and I'll be back again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment