Thursday 3 August 2017

Vegan Peach Cake



Hello Everyone!
Today we are making vegan peach cake. This cake was the result of some errors, at first I wanted to make peach pie but the base ended up way too soggy (Mary Berry would be thoroughly disappointed), then I wanted to make a cake with the peaches sitting on top but they sunk :( I then had to improvise by trying to make the cake look appealing since the peaches had all disappeared inside of it, and this is the result...

You will need:

  • 150g self raising flour
  • 125g caster sugar
  • 50g vegan spread, I used Flora margarine
  • 2tbsp vegan milk or you can use water
  • 4tbsp water
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 4tsp baking powder
  • some drops of vanilla essence
  • can of peach slices
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C

2. Mix together the water, olive oil and baking powder in a small jug

3. Drain the can of peaches and dry them as best as you can

4. Place the flour, sugar, Flora, vegan milk, vanilla and olive oil mixture into a bowl and mix together until smooth

5. Pour the mixture into a 1litre baking tin, and choose some peach slices to place on top, after baking I discovered that my peach slices sunk so keep in mind that you won't actually be able to see these when the cake is finished

6. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes


7. When the cake is finished baking, leave it to cool and then make the icing. Normally for this type of icing I pour some icing sugar into a bowl and add one teaspoon of water at a time until I get to my desired consistency. You can make the icing runny or thick and the quantity is up to you. If your icing gets to runny you can add more icing sugar and if it gets to thick you can add more water

8. Pour the icing onto the cake I used a spoon and drizzled it on. Then I chopped up some of my left over peaches into tiny cubes and dotted these around the cake, drizzled some more icing and voila

Your cake is complete and ready to feast on. I hope you liked this blog post, thanks so much for reading and I'll be back again soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment