Sunday 4 September 2016

Frosted Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes


Hello Everyone!
Long time no see, but I am back this week with a new recipe that I'm super happy with :) Whenever I feature a recipe with bananas, it is most likely because I have been forced to utilise them before they go completely inedible; and as a result I have made some frosted banana and chocolate chip muffins
So let's get started...

You will need:
  • 250g butter
  • 250g caster sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 250g plain flour
  • 4tsp baking powder
  • 4 mashed bananas
  • 200g dark chocolate chips
  • 230g butter
  • 250g icing sugar
  • 2tsp milk

 1.  Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC and place your cupcake cases into a cupcake tray

2. Beat together the butter and sugar until combined, then add in an egg at a time 

3. Add the flour and baking powder, continuing to mix the batter
4. Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips and the bananas 

5. Place one ice-cream scoop worth of mixture into each cupcake case. I made 22 cupcakes and three muffins out of this recipe, if you want to make this recipe into muffins; simply put two ice-cream scoops worth of mixture into each case.
I added small amounts of the left over mixture to each case as well
6. Pop into the oven and bake for 25 minutes
cupcake version
muffin version
 Whilst the cupcakes are cooling down, it's time to make the icing:

1. Mix together the icing sugar and butter until they form a smooth and creamy icing

2. If necessary add two teaspoons of milk to cream up the icing

3. Fill a piping bag with the icing and a closed eight point star tip 

4. To ice the cupcakes, I took the simple approach of piping small and short blobs all over the surface of each cupcake. I then sprinkled on some chocolate chips

yum yum


And you're done!
Thank you all for reading and sticking with me :) I'll see you again soon with another baking adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment