Sunday 6 March 2016

Spring Sheep Biscuits

Hello Everyone!
Whenever I hear the word 'spring', I immediately think of lambs, chicks and flowery fields. Therefore I decided to incorporate my idea of spring into biscuit form to create this week's post! I know this post is for sheep biscuits and spring is technically more about lambs, but let's just ignore the slight difference and focus on how adorable these biscuits are ;)
So let's get started...

You will need:
1. Make your biscuits according to this recipe and use the circle cookie cutter to get as many biscuits as you can. With a 3" cutter I managed to get 10 biscuits

2. When the biscuits are out of the oven place them on a wire rack to cool. Now you can make your first set of icing


3. Place the 135g icing sugar into a bowl and add one tsp at a time of water until you reach your desired consistency. I aimed for a slightly thick consistency so that the icing would be opaque and  it wouldn't run off the sides of the biscuits

4. Dip your biscuits face down into the icing until they are all iced. If you have leftover icing you can dip the biscuits in again to enhance the colour further

5. While the icing is still a bit wet, place three black sprinkles onto the biscuits to represent the eyes and nose. Use your pink writing icing to give two rosy cheeks and you black writing icing to draw a little line from the nose to form a mouth


6. Beat the 100g butter for about 10mins to make it lighter in colour. Then add the 200g icing sugar and mix until you have a smooth icing

7. Fill a piping bag with about three teaspoons of the icing and your petal tip

8. Pipe ears onto each biscuit by squeezing out a loop of icing that hangs slightly over the edge of the biscuits


9. Fill another icing bag with the rest of the icing and your drop flower tip. All you have to do now is pipe a fluffy circle at the top of the biscuits for the sheep's hair. I did this simply by doing single squeezes all over the head
sheep close-up!
you can also try pipe the ears upwards


And you're done!
I hope you enjoyed this spring sheep post and thanks for reading. I'll be back next week, when
I'll be starting my Easter posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment