Sunday 25 October 2015

Simple & Quick Halloween Themed Cupcakes


Hey Everyone!
This week's blog post is for simple Halloween themed cupcakes. I think these cupcakes are great as they look festive without requiring too much effort. They're also good for a last minute Halloween treat as the ingredients can be quite easily sourced. 
So let's get started...

For these cupcakes you'll need:
  • a batch of "My Go-To Cupcakes" (if you're really short on time you could buy plain buns and then just do the decorating)
  • Halloween cupcake cases
  • black sprinkles
  • 100g butter
  • 200g icing sugar 
  • orange food colouring ( I used 'ProGel' in Orange)
  • weighing scales
  • a bowl 
  • a spoon
  • KitchenAid/ electric mixer
  • 1M piping tip
  • piping bag 
For the cases I went with simple black ones

1. Place your butter and icing sugar into a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.

2. Add a couple drops of the orange food colouring to the icing and beat until incorporated. 

3. Cut a tip out of your piping bag and pop the nozzle inside. 

4. I iced my cupcakes by doing a simple swirl but you can go as fancy as you please :) 

5. Sprinkle some sprinkles onto each cupcake, I find it easier to pour the sprinkles into a bowl and pinch them out onto the cupcakes instead of just pouring from the tube and having an avalanche of sprinkles. 

Step 2
Step 4
All packed & ready to go

And you're done! 
I hope you enjoyed this simple Halloween post and it comes in useful for your Halloween festivities.
See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment