Wednesday 14 February 2018

Lemon & Lime Iced Biscuits


Hi Everyone!
Welcome back to my blog for today's post. This week we are making lemon & lime flavoured biscuits with a tart lemon and lime icing on top! These biscuits are the perfect treat to satisfy any citrus cravings that you may have
So let's get started...

You will need: 

  • 115g butter
  • 85g caster sugar
  • 1 egg 
  • 200g plain flour
  • rind of one lemon
  • rind of one lime
  • 1tsp lime juice
  • 1tsp lemon juice
  • 300g icing sugar
  • 1tsp lemon juice
  • 1tsp lime juice

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with silicone paper

2. Beat together the sugar and butter until soft and creamy

3. Add the flour, egg yolk and 1tsp of both lemon and lime juice to the mixture. Keep the egg white as you'll need it later

4. When the dough starts to come together, add the rind and give one final mix

5. Roll the dough out and use a star-shaped cookie cutter to make your biscuits. My cookie cutter is 2inches and made 24 biscuits


6. Pop into the oven to bake for about 10 minutes

7. As my biscuits had spread a bit in the oven, they lost their shape. So while the biscuits were still hot I used the same cookie cutter to re-cut the shape of them. I then left them to cool down on a wire tray

8. To make the icing, mix together the leftover egg white, icing sugar and lemon and lime juice. I did this by hand until I had a well-combined, smooth icing

9. Using a piping bag fitted with a plain tip, I outlined each biscuit. I then diluted the icing with a couple of tablespoons of water until I had a more flowy consistency. I used this icing to fill in each biscuit so that they were all covered in icing


10. This is an optional step, but to jazz my biscuits up a tad more I added yellow and green confetti sprinkles to the top




And you're finished!

Thank you for reading another one of my blog posts, I hope you enjoyed it! See you all again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment