Sunday 19 November 2017

Chocolate M&M Slices


Hello Everybody!
Welcome back to my blog, thanks for bearing with me. I wanted this post to be bright, simple and delicious; which led me to Chocolate M&M Slices! (P.S sorry for some dodgy lighting in the photos)
So let's get started...



For this recipe you will need:

  • 50g cocoa powder
  • 90g boiling water
  • 100g butter
  • 275g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 125ml milk
  • 175g self-raising flour
  • 1tsp baking powder
For the icing and decorating:

  • 300g icing sugar
  • 100g butter
  • 40g cocoa powder, I actually used Aero hot chocolate and it gave a lovely marshmallow-like icing, really light and airy too!
  • 40ml milk
  • M&Ms
  • 32 icing tip 


1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a 10x6.5" tray with silicone paper


2. In a bowl mix together the hot water and cocoa powder, like a strong hot chocolate


3. Add the butter and stir until it is melted and smooth


4. Lastly add all of the other cake ingredients to create a smooth mixture


5. Pour the mixture into your tray and pop into the oven for about 25-30 minutes


6. Allow the cake to cool while you prepare the icing. Sieve the cocoa powder into the icing sugar, then add the butter and milk, and beat until it forms a creamy icing

7. Here is when I cut the edges off of the cake and evenly cut it into about 12 slices



8. Next fit your piping bag with the 32 tip and fill it with icing. I piped each slice separately, starting from one corner and going diagonally back and forth



9. Chop up your M&Ms (or use them whole) and sprinkle over the slices



And you're finished!

I really hope you enjoyed this post and thank you so so much for reading and following me on my baking journeys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment