Sunday 8 October 2017

Banana Cake Slices

Hi Everybody!
Welcome back to my blog :) Today's post involves bananas; a personal favourite! I loved how these individual banana cake slices turned out and hopefully you'll all love them too. I used fresh bananas on top as I knew these would be devoured in a matter of minutes, however if you're baking these cakes in advance for an event I would recommend using dried banana slices to keep everything in tact
So let's get started...



You will need:

  • 225g plain flour
  • 125g caster sugar
  • 2 bananas
  • 60g melted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • pinch of cinnamon
For the icing:
  • 75g double cream
  • 75g butter
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • 225g icing sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 10x6.5" tray with silicone paper

2. Mix the sugar, bananas, butter and eggs together until well blended

3. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and mix until you have a smooth batter

4. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for about 25 minutes, until the top is golden 


5. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and start making the icing


6. Mix the butter and icing sugar together until smooth. When smooth add the cream and vanilla and mix again

7. Once the banana cake is cool, I trimmed the edges and cut the cake into 15 pieces. I then pushed the pieces back together into one big cake to avoid individually icing each piece

8. I just used a spatula to evenly spread the icing over the cake pieces, then I separated the pieces again, chopped up a banana, and placed a banana slice onto each piece




And you're finished!
Thank you so so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed and have a lovely Sunday! See you again soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment