Sunday 23 April 2017

Lime Curd Swiss Roll

Hi Everyone!
Today we are going to be making a lime curd swiss roll. In my life I've eaten many swiss rolls (surprise surprise) but it was only last year that I made one for the first time. Last week I attempted to make a swiss roll with a different recipe; I forgot to add the egg yolks and it was a disaster. Attempt two happened this week and worked out perfectly and I thought that I would share the recipe with you all
So let's get started...

You will need:

  • 3 eggs - separated into yolks and white
  • 75g caster sugar
  • 75g self-raising flour
  • lime curd or any jam or curd of your preference :)

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a swiss roll tin, 33x23cm, with silicone paper

2. Whisk the egg whites until light and foamy


3. Add the sugar and whisk until thick and glossy


4. Whisk in the egg yolks until the mixture is smooth, combined and stiff


5. Sieve in the flour and fold with a spoon until there are no flour lumps


6. Pour the mixture into the tray, spread evenly and bake in the oven for ten minutes

7. Place a sheet of silicone paper onto your workspace and sprinkle in with sugar

8. When the cake is baked, remove from oven, and flip the cake out of the tray onto the sugared paper

9. Roll up the swiss roll with the baking paper encased and leave to cool. It's best to roll the cake while hot as this will avoid cracking and shape the cake into a roll


10. Unroll the cooled cake and spread the curd all over the cake, as little or as much as you please

11. Reroll the cake, slice and enjoy :)


Thank you all so much for reading, I hope you will love this recipe and I'll see you all again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment