Wednesday 4 May 2016

Royal Red Velvet Bites







Hello Everybody!
This week's post is running a bit late (what's new), as I'm trying to find the right balance between work, study and baking/blogging. I promise I'm getting better and in the next week or so my blog will be back to its regular Sunday posts.
Now on to what this post is all about; Royal Red Velvet Bites. I recently received some adorable sprinkles from the brand Cake Angels,  (check out their website for tons of baking inspiration or their
store for all your decorating needs) and I instantly knew that I wanted to make a post that incorporated both the sprinkles and red velvet. The result was these decedent, yet mini cakes
So let's get started...


You will need:
  • 125g caster sugar
  • 150g butter
  • 175g self-raising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2tbsp cocoa powder
  •  4tbsp water
  • red food colouring 
  • 10" x 6.5" baking tray
  • 150g icing sugar
  • 25g butter
  • 63g cream cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line your tray with some silicone paper

2. Beat the sugar and butter together until light in colour

3. Add the flour, eggs, cocoa powder and water, and mix again

4. When all the ingredients are combined add the red food colouring, while continuing to mix to achieve your desired shade

5. Pour the cake mixture into your tray, spread it out evenly and bake in the oven for 20 minutes


6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray before transferring to a wire cooling tray


7.  When the cake is completely cooled, you can cut it into square pieces. I cut my cake into 5cm squares and I managed to get 14 squares, which will later be sandwiched together to make 7 mini bites

8. Next it's time to prepare the icing, beat the icing sugar and butter together until there's no large and visible lumps of butter left

9. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth

10. I filled a piping bag with the icing and cut a small tip off the end. I then piped a generous amount of icing onto the bottom of every layer of each 'bite', and sandwiched the two layers together


11. For the finishing touch, I piped a small dot of icing onto the top right corner of each bite and added a gold crown sprinkle to make a truly royal treat


And you're done!
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment