Sunday 10 April 2016

My Go-To Banana Bread

Hello Everybody!
For this week's post I'm returning to my 'Go-To' series to share one of my favourite recipes; banana bread! I went through a phase of making 1-2 loaves of this banana bread per week and I've also discovered that it can be made dairy free, and still taste really good
So let's get started...

You will need:
  • 270g light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 200g mashed bananas
  • 280g plain flour
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp bicarbonate of soda/ baking soda
  • 1tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1tsp ground ginger
  • 140g butter ( or vegetable oil for a dairy free alternative!)
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C and line a loaf tin. It's better if your tin is somewhat around the 23x13cm measurement, however if it's too small you can bake the leftover mixture in cupcake cases or a second loaf tray

2. Beat the sugar and eggs until combined

3. Add the mashed bananas and mix again

4. Mix in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate, cinnamon and ginger

5. Lastly add the butter/oil and mix until everything is incorporated

6. Pour the mixture into your tray and pop into the oven for about an hour, depending on the size of your tray, it may be finished quicker so keep an eye on it


7. Once out of the oven, the banana bread is best served warm. However it freezes really well and can be defrosted in the microwave when needed

And you're done!
I hope you enjoy this go-to recipe, as I think it's absolutely delicious! Thanks for reading and I'll be back next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment