Sunday 6 September 2015

My Go-To Cupcake Recipe



Hello Everybody!
This week's blog post is the second in my series of 'Go-To' posts. Whenever I need a batch of cupcakes this is the recipe that I always go for. I find these cupcakes to be soft and fluffy on the inside but have a nice firm outside, which is perfect for some piping. I hope you enjoy these cupcakes as much as I do and let's get started...

These cupcakes are quite quick to make and only have four ingredients! If you are at all interested in baking, you are most likely to already have these ingredients in your kitchen.

The first things you will need is the equipment:
  • KitchenAid with the paddle attachment
  • Weighing scales
  • Lined cupcake tray
  • Spoons









 The reason I have two spoons is because I like to use the bigger one for breaking up the butter, and I like to use the small one for putting the mixture into the cases.


For the ingredients you will need:
  • 115g caster sugar
  • 115g butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 115g self raising flour 









1. The first thing to do is to preheat your oven to 190 degrees/ gas mark 5.

2. Next you need to cream your butter and sugar together until it resembles scrambled eggs.

3. Now all you need to do is add the eggs and flour, and mix again.

4. Once everything is incorporated, you can spoon the mixture into your cases. I like to put about 2 teaspoons into each case. If I have any leftovers I evenly distribute it between the cases until it's all gone.

5. When you are finished filling the cases, simply put them into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.

Step 2
Step 3
Step 4



Your cupcakes are ready to come out of the oven when they're a golden brown colour or when you stick a skewer in and it comes out clean.
Here's what mine look like when they come out of the oven:


Whenever I make these cupcakes they always bake into a point. To create a flat cupcake top I just take a regualr knife and cut off the 'point'. If you're wondering what to do with the little pieces that you've cut off, I normally just eat them!

Before


After
However depending on how I plan to ice my cupcakes I may just leave the 'point' and put the icing on top of it. It's really up to you. 
And you're finished making the cucpakes! If you're looking for a way to decorate these cupcakes I recommend whipping up a batch of my 'Go-To Buttercream Icing', grabbing any piping tip you fancy and making some pretty designs. My personal favourite would have to be the classic swirl. To this I use a 1M tip.

Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope you are enjoying my 'Go-To' series and I'll see you next Sunday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment